This is a simple easy to make coleslaw recipe which can be eaten with any protein of choice or even used an filling for your sandwich.
INGREDIENTS For the coleslaw:
- 1 small head cabbage (red / greed – your choice)
- 2 large whole carrots or 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1 small onion (white / purple – optional)
- Wash the cabbage and cut into thin shreds.
- (optional) To make the cabbage stay crispy for longer, pour shredded cabbage in a strainer / colander and toss with a little salt. Pour into a large bowl.
- Peel and shred the carrots. Add to bowl of cabbage.
- Peel and chop onion into thin slices. Add to bowl of carrots and cabbage.
- Pour preferred dressing over the bowl of dry ingredients. Using 2 wooden spoons, gently toss to evenly mix.
- Allow the coleslaw to cool in the fridge for about an hour before serving it. This helps bring out the flavour.
To store coleslaw in the fridge for later use, it is best stored in an airtight container and can be kept for 2-3 days.